The Flashes Of Blueland

“Emwy your fwiends are here,” calls George “They want wou.” I can hear Eloise laughing the way my cute little three year old brother talks. I walked down stairs and saw them as they walked through the entrance to my new house ‘Silver Woods’. Then I call them to follow me up to my new room, which was barely even decorated, although the bed was there.
“Hi,” they both say together. “I love your new house!” Ellis finishes the sentence.
“Where do you want this?” asks Eloise holding up a pillow.
“Just on the bed,” I reply.
“Hey what's this?” said puzzled Ellis, who was looking at an old dusty box. She placed it on the bed and SCREECH! I heard the box open... And inside is an old key. “B, b, but,” I stutter, “I have never seen this before!”
Eloise picked up the key and read the end of it “Blueland.” Instantly she starts to walk whilst saying “Follow me, follow me QUICKLY!”
‘Jingle, clank,’ went the key inside the lock, turning till it stopped. Happily, I started to skip away to not see what was inside, but just when I turned, a flash appeared and all of a sudden, a voice whispered,
“Hello.”
I jumped and turned in mid air to find a girl as tall as me still moving her lips.
“Hi,” I finally replied but the light flashed, blue this time and I was back home and Ellis called, “Come back!” I turned around and started to walk towards Ellis. When she finally finished her sentence, she exclaimed, “Did you see people who were not here?”
I said as if it was no big thing, “Yes.”
“OK,” says Eloise politely, “Next time, stay with Ellis and I, in case it happens again.” We kept walking into the rooms. I was looking through windows and FLASH, the voices started. “Leave the house.” “Run away!” “GGG OOO!!!!!” The voice was much louder and then I see her, her face is red and she is chasing us “Run!” I hear another voice. I look back and see not just her, but dozens of servants and masters, land owners and much more. Closely behind me is Ellis and in front of me is Eloise. We were almost at the door when the wind blew and now, we all have to open the 70kg door.
Now we have to find a strategy to open the door that weighs 70kg, why would they make it that big anyway? They are still chasing us so we charge at the door, but before we do, flash! And we run out the door to our time of day plus year and are safe of any humans from other times or dimensions and other things. We have had a long day and I hope we never enter a place such as Blueland ever again.
We go home and start unpacking again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!