Saturday Night

It's Saturday night. I’m at the Leisure centre about to play the biggest game of my life, it’s a basketball game - Neerim Wolves V. Gladiators, the Grand Final. I hear the whistle blow, “I’m in jump,” I say. The umpire is balling it up, nothing can stop me. I punch the ball down my end, I bolt down to the ball and I hover over the ball and then I pick it up. I’m too far from the ring, I pass it off to Xavier, he shoots, it looks good, but then it bounced on the ring a couple of times and then, “OH NO,” I say. The ball tumbles out. The Gladiators take position, “Geez this guy is fast, he’s already half way down the court, he’s crossing people up like crazy, he’s already in the key. I run as fast as I can. I jump in front of him just as he is about to shoot and then I reject him. I take possession. I start dribbling down the court, there is 5 seconds left on the clock. I’m still running down I take a risky shot…
Ohhhh, it’s a swish - out from 3. We are ahead 3 to 0. We take a 5 minute break and then we’re back on the court. The Gladiators take possession, they run down to their end and they shoot an easy layup. Now it’s 2 to 3 and we’re back. I’ve got the ball dribbling down the court. I’ve broken 3 kid’s ankles. I’m in the key, no one’s on me. I shoot, it has a funny spin, but it went in. Gladiators take the ball, they run because there is like 10 seconds left on the clock. Crikey, they’re sweaty while they’re running. Sweat is just dripping off their faces. I get in front, the pressure is on, 3,2,1 buzzzzz. That’s the buzzer, now were shaking each other’s hands. That’s it, the end of basketball, the season is over and we are the champions. The Wolves are the best basketball team in the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!