Eleven Faces

I creep into my room so no one can hear me awake that night. I slowly fall asleep as my mind wonders, and that’s when I hear a “bang!” I tiptoe cautiously out of my room, I see a doctor. As I approach the doctor closer and closer he yells “get back!” I tell him I don’t mean any harm. “I’m not talking to you!” he said. I suddenly feel a chill down my spine, as I turn around I see... a horde of faceless men. They are wearing black suits and red ties.

I immediately bolt through all ten of them leaving them flat on the floor. I ran as fast as I could, but then I saw eleven? One half of me is questioning this event, and that half is saying “why aren’t I running?” I hide in a dreaded cupboard downstairs, I watch them go by along with their eerie faces. One of them is looking inside my hiding place, I am about to squeal but then I decide that it is a stupid idea. As soon as he leaves I am filled with joy and relief, since they are gone I decide to go to bed.

The next day I wake up with a bag over my head. Luckily there are holes in it so I can breathe. I realise that I’m tied up to an uncomfortable chair made of metal. The bag slowly lifts off my head and I see the horde again. I start to hear an eerie voice coming from the middle of them. I hear jumbled letters but I made the words “do not run away” that or “run away” I decide to run because being the scared 11 year old I am, I had to run. As soon as they untie me I run, since it is really dark I can’t see anything. It took me a while to realise that I am in our gym, and I somehow got onto our treadmill! Eventually I got tied up again, but I have a plan to get rid of them. As they untie me again I will not run. I “joined” them. I follow them into the attic and I try find a weapon to fight but instead of a weapon I found a grenade from my dad’s WW2 souvenirs.As we manage to get onto the roof I ready the grenade and throw the grenade on top of the roof and destroy them all while destroying half of the house.

Beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, I wake up in hospital barely alive, hearing constant beeps. I try to call for help but then I realise that it is to late for me. I overhear the doctors talking about a patient in an explosion. They say “he will live if taken care of properly.” I think I am going to live, finally I get to be loved again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!