Kama


The raging fire crackled and popped as it rapidly burnt down the woods. The aqua blue sky filled with thick, black smoke as it billowed out of the woods. The woods laid on a young family's small farm; the woods took up most of the land excepted for a small house and a measly brown paddock where 5 skinny horses grazed on an old, mouldy hay bale.

"Maaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm!"

At the small house a shout had come from the oversized veranda. A small boy was sitting on a large, black rocking chair while he slowly sipped on a brain-chilling icy-pole. His name is Jake, he adored dangerous adventures and was secretly terrible at running. He always wore a blue, long sleeve riding shirt with some long, thick, black pair of jeans. He bellowed again at the top of his lungs;

"can I go to the burn woods to cook marshmallows with Lily!"

Lily is Jake's little sister, she was seven years old, she loved adventures. An angry and slightly mad reply came from the tiny blue kitchen inside the house;

"you can't go to the woods, you and Lily are too little," bellowed their loving but angry mother.

Lily was sitting on an old couch; she absolutely loved going on huge adventures with her brother, so when she heard that she could no longer go she bounded upstairs dragging poor Jake behind her. They went into their room where they pulled out a small bag with hidden piles of snacks, including; marshmallows and 2 cans of lemonade. Then they had crept down the rickety, old stairs, carefully walked to the back door swung it open and ran away.

They ran for 3 minuets till they came to what once was a beautiful forest. They stepped over an enormous fallen tree and found themselves in a foot deep of ash. The children wondered over to some once very hot coals and pulled out the marshmallows and stared toasting them. Once Jake and Lily had eaten the entire packet of marshmallows and drank all the lemonade they then had stared wondering home.

They quickly walked over a small field towards their house. They were nearly there when a large white van pulled up beside them. 2 people jumped out, Lily and Jake scatted but it was to late, both of them was thrown into the back of the van. The van had sped off for about 100 metres, then it come to a screaming stop. The 2 people wearing black suits jumped out and opened the car door to reveal their faces! Lily and Jake's mouths dropped, it was their own parents! The children were speechless as they stumbled out of the van.

Once they were inside their parents had explained that they were following them the whole time; that they were very naughty to go to the woods alone and they had hoped that they had learnt their lesson and they had!






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!