The 3,000 Pound Reward


My mouth was dry. I had just hit a barkeeper. All I could remember was the barkeeper screaming “no no no not when I” and then I hit him. because a few hours ago he had insulted me. After a couple of beers, my gang and I had gone to bed because we needed a good sleep for we all knew that the police were coming sometime tomorrow.

I woke up to the sound of shouting, from my brother who was part of the gang, he burst into my room “the coppers are here.” and so like we had agreed I put my armour on and went into the wine cellar. My brother explained to me that I had slept in and when the cops and Oscar (part of my gang) woke me up so the cops would not find me our conversation came to an abrupt stop. when man in rags turned the corner and I shouted at him “who are you?” said the man in rags every man knows me I am ned kelly I know you. Ned started to get a funny feeling in his tummy, something was wrong. In a flash, the man pulled out a rifle and said never to trust a stranger then he shot me in the leg the pain was unimaginable everything went black I woke up in prison were am I thought soon enough a found out that I was in Pentrige with the chopper for a few weeks later I got moved to Melbourne jail.` I was really bored there because there wasn't as much to do. A crim came up to me and quietly said to me" I've heard about you Mr Kelly then kicked me...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!