Jenny's And Alice's Magical Adventures

Excellence Award in the 'Just Keep Writing 2019' competition

Once upon a time, not very long ago, in a small town in America called Fairy Blossomville, lived two sisters named Jenny and Alice. Jenny was 8 years old and Alice was 5, and they were the best of friends. One day when they were playing in their room together, they found an old pink blanket in the wardrobe. They dusted it off and started playing with the blanket, using it as a cape. That’s when they noticed something magical happening, gold stars started sprinkling from the blanket and it then started flying around the room. The blanket even started singing, “Where would you like to go today? Where would you like to go today? I’m Pinky, the magic blanket.”
Jenny and Alice gasped in surprise. They couldn’t believe their eyes. Once they overcame their surprise, they shouted, “to the park please!” “Sure girls, sit on me and I’ll take you there in a jiffy,” responded Pinky. In a wink of an eye, they were at the park. They started playing on the playground when Alice spotted a little girl who was sitting by herself crying. The girl was upset because no one was playing with her. “Are you ok?” asked Alice. “No, I’m very sad, no one is playing with me,” said the little girl in a soft voice. Alice turned to Jenny and said, “I wish we could help her.” “Maybe we can ask Pinky for help?” “Can you help us cheer up this little girl?” Alice enquired of Pinky. Pinky sprang into action and started sprinkling golden stars all over the playground. Suddenly kids came running from everywhere, excited to see the golden stars. They, suddenly, realised that the little girl was not playing with anyone, so asked her to join in their fun. The little girl gleamed with excitement and started playing on the swings and slides with the other kids. Alice and Jenny also joined in and had lots of fun together. It was getting late and dark so Jenny and Alice decided to head home on their magical blanket. They jumped on board Pinky and set off for home.
The next morning, Alice and Jenny woke up after they heard a loud sound downstairs. They rushed downstairs and saw their mum quickly trying to clean the house. Their mum yelled, “Oh no, we have visitors coming for lunch and the house is a huge mess!” Alice and Jenny were very upset so they wanted to help their mum. “Mum, how can we help you?” asked Alice. Their mum said, “no you just relax and do some reading. I need to hang out a big load of washing.” After their mum went outside, Jenny had a great idea. “Why don’t we ask Pinky if she can help us clean up the big mess?” said Jenny to Alice. Alice agreed, “Yes, let’s clean up fast.” Jenny said to Pinky, “can you please help us with this big mess?” Pinky jumped up and said, “sure girls, let’s clean up the mess.”
Pinky flew the girls around as fast as she could, and Alice and Jenny put things back in their places. Soon the house was looking spick and span. Their mum would be so happy. The girls heard their mum coming through the door. “Quick,” said Jenny, “let’s finish up.” Alice and Jenny’s mum was shocked when she walked in. “Wow!” said their mum. “This is amazing. The house looks spotless. How did you clean up so fast?” “A little bit of team work goes a long way,” said Alice and Jenny. “Good job team,” said Alice to Jenny and Pinky. Alice and Jenny were so pleased their mum was happy. “I love helping other people,” said Jenny. Alice agreed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!