Olivia And The Jewel Mermaids


Suddenly a green glow caught Olivia's eye, she crept closer her heart racing as she stepped into the cave near the rock pools. A beautiful engaging girl appeared from the water, she had thick green hair, deep green eyes, long nails and a heart shaped dent in her chest. The creature sang as she rose from the water revealing an emerald green tail.
‘A mermaid', Olivia gasped as it shot a green flash from its nails. It nearly hit Olivia but she was tackled into the water by someone with fiery red hair. Surrounded by colourful hair and tails Olivia tried to swim to surface when she was hit by a purple flash making her sink deeper. Then her legs tingled as a tail grew over her legs and her neck burned as gills formed. The mermaids then swam around her causing a whirlpool that sucked them further under the sea until they appeared in an underwater castle.
Olivia was excited but scared by being dragged under the sea. She tried to hide but the mermaid with the purple hair, tail and heart jewel spoke, “We are sorry we just need your help”. You attacked me! And anyway how could I possibly help magical mermaids?' replied Olivia.
The mermaids then introduced themselves as "The Jewel Mermaids" rulers of the mermaid kingdom the ocean. Each mermaid had a different jewel heart in their chest matching their name, hair and tail colours. There was Remi the ruby mermaid, Ally the Amethyst mermaid, Dana the diamond mermaid and Sophia the sapphire mermaid.
The mermaids then explained that their other sister, Emily the Emerald mermaid was being controlled by the 2 evil giant squid men (awful creatures that sink ships, cause storms and use sea animals as slaves).They had captured Emily and ripped out her emerald heart to control her and planned to capture all of the sisters and take control the whole ocean.
The mermaids then told Olivia that she is their most powerful mermaid sister 'Olivia the Opal Mermaid'. They explained that Olivia was sent to live with humans to protect the mermaids’ jewel power from the squid men. It sounded unbelievable until she followed a sweet call and found a hidden opal heart that glowed, rose up and melted into her chest making her remember her mother and sisters.
Now Olivia had realised the truth they went to save Emily from the evil giant squid men. They searched the darkest part of the ocean fighting sharks and jellyfish to get the powerful squid ink wand. Then they snuck into the squid men’s lair froze them with the wand and saved Emily and her emerald heart. Once Emily’s heart was back in place the mermaids used their combined powers to lock the squid men into their lair forever.
The mermaid sisters all together again at last returned home to a huge celebration at the castle. Whilst the mermaids celebrated the squid men were angrily plotting their escape and revenge.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!