Camp, Boys And Other Gross Things

I was in the car, going to camp which I wasn’t excited about. Why would I be excited? Annoying boys, creepy year 12 kids and weird camp leaders. I am okay with the year 12 kids and weird camp leaders but annoying boys! Seriously! I am not impressed.
“We are nearly there, kiddo! Are you excited?” My Mum exclaimed expecting a delightful and happy answer but…
“SERIOUSLY? YOU THINK I AM EXCITED TO GO? WHY WOULD I BE EXCITED ABOUT SEEING ANNOYING, OBNOXIOUS BOYS EVERY SINGLE DAY?” I screamed.
“Calm down kid. You’re being a bit over dramatic don’t you think?” Mum chuckled.
“No, I’m not. And also, this is a serious matter that needs to be taken very, very seriously.” I said with a stern look on my face.
“Okay then… If you say so.”
I then stayed silent for the rest of the trip while saying my final prayers.
When we got there, I honestly died right then and there because I saw my worst nightmare. I saw a kissing booth. I screamed:
“MUM! DRIVE ME HOME RIGHT NOW.” This time I wasn’t being over dramatic. Let me explain why…
At my school, a certain boy that nobody likes, has a huge crush on me. His name is Fred. I honestly feel very sorry for him and I was friends with him until a certain incident. Fred had been feeling sick so he was sitting next to me. At that certain time, his stomach had decided to hate on me. He vomited all over me and on my clothes, shoes and all. After that I didn’t want to go near him, his mouth and stomach for the rest of our lives. So why I wanted to go home because of him was because he was holding flowers, in a suit and standing at the kissing booth with a large sign that said ‘Kiss me Kassidy! I love you!’ If you don’t know already, my name is unfortunately Kassidy.
This is why I wanted to go home straight away. Anyway, back to the story…
“Why do you want go home already miss over dramatic?”
“I’m not being over dramatic this time mum. Look over there.” She looked at the situation and made a very good decision… For her. She decided it would be a good idea to go and talk to Fred and called me over as well. I honestly wanted somebody to knock me out so I could go to hospital.
I walked over because I had no other choice and said hi very, very awkwardly. I thought it couldn’t get more awkward until Fred got every single person at the camp and just for your information, I didn’t know most of these people. Anyway, he got them to push me forward into Fred but luckily, I have ninja skills and dodged the whole situation.
So, I stayed at camp and I hated it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!