Jeff And George In The Forest

Jeff and George in The Forest.

“George. GEORGE!” yelled Jeff. “Where has he gone?” Jeff whispered to himself in confusion. It was so cold outside and George is usually the one who lights the fire. Unbeknownst to Jeff, George was off at the shop getting supplies for the camping trip. He knew he needed some food and water but most importantly, marshmallows for the fire! Only problem was Jeff didn’t know where George had gone and without George there would be no fire to toast the marshmallows!

Then a lightbulb appeared above Jeff’s head…DING! “I know what to do! I will check the trees where George always gets the firewood.” Jeff ran quickly to the fire wood stash but George was nowhere to be seen. By this time George had made his way back to the campsite and wondered where Jeff had gone. He started to worry before suddenly bolting to the highest tree in sight. “If I climb to the top of this tree, I should be able to see Jeff!” said George puffing. After climbing up the tree, George thought he could see Jeff over near the hiking trail. There was a lake right beside the tall tree so he thought he could save time and jumped from the tree into the freezing cold lake.

After trudging out of the muddy lake his excitement turned to despair when he realised it wasn’t Jeff at all, it was just an old man bird-watching in the same colour tee short as Jeff. Filled with anger and frustration, George picked up the nearest rock and flung it into the forest. “Hey, who threw that!” screamed a voice from behind the trees.
“I know that voice,” thought George. “Sorry Jeff. It was me,” he said timidly as he saw his friend appear out of the forest with a lump on his head. “That’s okay George, I’m just glad I found you so we can light the fire and have some marshmallows.”

“OH NO!... the marshmallows!” exclaimed George as he pulled a soggy mush out of his pocket. “Guess we better get back to the shop before it shuts.” Laughed Jeff.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!