The Abandoned Egg

CLICK! Suddenly, the TV in Felisha’s room was turned on by Patrisha, her annoying big sister. She had something important she wanted her sister to see. On the news there was a story about a golden egg and that whoever finds it needs to give it to the President to win the BEST PRIZE IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!! But for some strange reason the TV flickered. The screen flashed up with a picture of an abandoned farm with a cartoon chicken saying, “If you want the egg come and find it”. They wanted to rush, as fast as they could, to the abandoned farm before anyone else got there.
‘Felisha, get your backpack on we’re going on an adventure to find the shiny, bright, GOLDEN EGG!!!’ So, Felisha got her backpack and they started their mysterious journey to the farm to find the golden egg. “Are we there yet?” questioned Felisha continuously. “Nearly” answered Patrisha impatiently, with tears lightly running down her red, sweaty cheeks. In the near distance they noticed an old looking petrol station. “Patrisha, can I please go to the toilet?” Felisha whaled. “Sure! Sounds like a great idea, but we need to be quick we still have a long way to go! Hurry up!” Felisha yelled.
Patrisha started to worry, her sister was gone for an eternity. She was going to go in the bathroom to check on her sister, but the door was stuck!!! She tried with all her might to barge the door open, but it would not move. Patrisha was getting worried, so she tried to yell out to the cashier for help but he was fast asleep in his worn-down chair. Seeing as he would not wake with her calls, Patrisha decided she needed to help her sister on her own. CREEEEEAAAAK!!! Patrisha slowly crept into the station to enter the bathroom through another door. She was thinking how frustrated she should be at Felisha for taking so long in the bathroom as they only had a limited amount of time to find the egg. Patrisha, walked around to the other entrance of the toilet…. “AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!” She ran so fast and saw Felisha stuck in the toilet…….
‘‘Don’t worry, I’ll get you out of this sticky, horrible, grotesque toilet!’’ Patrisha yelled from up above. Patrisha went and grabbed some rope from inside the shop. She ran to the toilet as fast as a jet taking off. When Patrisha reached the toilet, she put the rope down the most disgusting toilet she had ever seen. Felisha came up as fast as a squirrel running away from a predator.
Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It was then that Felisha woke from her sleep to realise that she was laying on her bed, in her room. It was all a dream she thought, until, the TV flicked on…………….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!