A Birthday Suprise

And there I was, stuck, in a glass bottle. I have no idea how I even managed to get myself into this situation, actually, I do, let me tell you the story;
It all started with a dare, “I dare you to try and fit your hand into that glass bottle.”
“That’s impossible!” I reply, smiling.
“Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it!” My friend passes me the bottle and I take it. I try to shove my hand into it, only being able to reach a few of my finger into it.

“It’s not working!” I say, turning around and my friend is gone. So I give up and take my fingers out of the bottle, except they don’t budge.
“Oh no,” I whisper to myself, how was I going to get myself out of this one?

One hand holds the end of the bottle, desperately tugging, while the other fingers that are stuck inside of it, sit helplessly. I go to hit it against the hard ground, but then I realise that it would cut my hand and I faint at the sight of blood.

I’m not quite sure why fate decided that it should be me, with my fingers stuck in the bottle. Why did I deserve this? I’m a good person. I give people hugs. I donate to charity… every once in a while. What else did the world expect from me? In fact, the world should be giving back to me, I don’t have a boyfriend, I’m still living with my parents and I don’t have a full-time job yet. I deserve more.

All this thinking was getting me tired, so I decided to sit down on a nearby chair. Except 1 second later, I found myself lying on the floor, not sitting on the chair. I turn around and my friend is back,
“Surprise!” She says, my family and friends, walking in the room, with a cake and balloons. “Happy Belated Birthday!”

“But what about my finger?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!