He Is The Reason

Cloe was at awe. He, in her eyes, were perfect. He had bright blonde hair. Light tan skin. Bright blue eyes. She was in such a trans. She didn’t even notice him slowly turn and walk away. “Wait. Don’t go,” she said “It’s ok. I won’t hurt you. I’m Cloe. And You?” He turned and stared, with a deep breath he said “Ethan” His voice was soft. It melted her heart like an iceberg in the desert. 10 years later they married. Had a son and named him Sam. They moved to earth on his 5th birthday. They haven’t lived on mars since then.
Sam was now 12. He went to school everyday. Things were different there. Students didn’t need pens or paper. All they needed was a SmartPad for every class. In human studies class they learnt about the effects of overpopulation. More people to feed. More crops to grow. More homes to live in. It was then when the idea hit him. Then his teacher asked “does anyone here believe it is possible to live on another planet?” that’s when Sam’s hand shot sky high and he shouted “Yes. It is possible to live on other planets. My parents and I moved down here to earth when I was 5. We’ve been living here for the past 11 years. But my parents had been living on mars for the past 20 years.” That’s when everyone asked questions. One kid asked him “Could we all live on your planet too?”
Sam went home and told his parents everything that happened in human studies. “Son I think you’ve answered the entire earths question. Our only problem is, how do we get half the population here up there?” asked Ethan. Sam sat there thinking then went up to his room. 5 minutes later he came back down with a piece of paper with a diagram of a teleportation machine. “There will be one here on earth and one on mars. There will be one at every major shop. But before you walk into the teleportation machine you have to type in your number. It will send you a code. You then put that code onto the machine and your able to go to mars.” Sam’s idea seemed like a fantastic idea but they needed the OK from the government.
After 5 years his dream to save the world from overpopulation became a reality. “This intelligent young man. He is the reason. Sam is the reason our earth is saved from overpopulation. And it is my great, great pleasure to finally open ‘Mars and Back’ Sam do the honours” the mayor handed Sam the scissors to cut the delicate ruby red ribbon tied in a perfect and even bow. “Everyone. Say hello to ‘Mars and Back” the very second Sam cut the ribbon everyone in the audience cheered and clapped. He was on top of the world. He was the happiest 18 year old in the entire universe. He was their reason.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!