Famous Life

She could feel the wind through her hair and whipped her face making her run cold. She could hear the roar of the big waves going down and coming up. She took short breaths taking in the cold and dusty air in and feeling sharpness in her nose. She could see the big, circular moon than looked too big compared to the times she had seen it. Millions of stars layered in the sky like a river. Her foot moved backwards as spit in her mouth jiggled and the wind went in front of her, and her toes curled in the sand. She dropped on the sand, getting sand stuck on her. She hugged her knees looking deeper into the waves thinking…

How many people would have been here, depressed like she was? How many people hated their life as she did? How many people curled up in a ball wanting to go deeper and deeper inside as she did? Memories burned and bombarded in her head like it was going to explode. Shouts, cries, screams filled her brain as tears forcefully came out of her eyes followed by a lot more tears. Her long hair flew behind her back as she dug her heavy head deeper into her knees where she felt warmer, away from the sharp winds and where her face melted. Yet cold tears were on her pale cheeks and came down one after other. She wanted to yell, wanting to cry in pain loudly, wanting the whole world to hear her pain, wanting to tell everyone that she hated them all and that she would do anything to burn and kill the world altogether.

She could remember how her parents constantly shouted and yelled at each other. How their screams of arguments used to fill the whole house. How she was tired of listening to their altercations. She could remember how she saw the door ajar. How she found herself getting out of it. How her legs dragged her and made her run, even though her brain was too stunned to run, too filled with things to run. She ran wherever her feet took her without thinking until she reached the beach and stopped, not knowing what she had just done. Not knowing why she had done what she had done. Too many questions were killing her brain. She didn’t want to think, she didn’t have to but looking at the beach where not even a single human existed made her panic. Questions never left her brain until she dropped and she let them flow in the form of tears.

She looked up wanting to swallow her sadness inside and kill it with a knife by stabbing it a million times. She was one of the girls suffering from pain- pain she didn’t know what to name… pain that served right through her, chilling her body. How many people in the world had gone through what she had…?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!