Zelda Lady Knight

Surrounded by rocks that could fall at any moment was a deep menacing cave. In that cave lived a hibernating cyclops, it had just awoken, and it was hungry. The cave was nestled high on the dark side of a colossal mountain.
On the other side of the mountain was a tribe, the Elven tribe. The protectors of the tribe were Link, Boulders, Dunes, Wings and Zelda. They were known as the Elvinators. No one believed Zelda capable of defeating any beast so she was usually the medic.
The Elven tribe were a peaceful race who worked together to make sure that everyone always had the things they needed; food, materials for building, cooking or play. The Elves spent most of their days climbing trees and having races through the thickest woods you have ever seen that surrounded their village.
On this particular day, the Elvinators were out on a regular patrol. Link was out in front, Wings was leaping through the trees, Boulders was more interested in building up his already huge muscles, and Dunes and Zelda were tagging along behind struggling to carry all the gear. Suddenly, Link heard a monstrous howl, ring through the trees. He gave signal to the others. Wings, who was named that because he seemed to move from branch to branch like a bird, climbed higher and higher stealthily. Suddenly Wings let out a short sharp warning that alerted the others to the vicious snarling werewolf approaching. Taking careful aim with his steady bow, Link drew back the arrow with such power that the string quivered. The werewolf turned, ready to attack but it wasn’t fast enough. Link let go the arrow, it shot straight threw his open jaws and pierced the beast right through the heart.
The Elvinators celebrated around the newly killed werewolf. Dunes left Zelda with the heaviest load and ran to the others, vociferous in celebration. Unbeknownst to the rowdy pack the now ravenous cyclops was staggering through the woods towards them, attracted by the scent of the werewolf’s blood. With one swift blow the cyclops knocked the four protectors off their feet knocking them out cold.
Zelda panicked, dropping all the gear in frozen fright at the site of the gigantic cyclops. She looked around to see her fellow protectors out cold. Slowly the cyclops turned its gnarly head. Its bloody eye looking on Zelda. Regaining her consciousness, Zelda grabbed a thin wirey vine, she ran at the Cyclop’s feet wrapping the vine round its feet. It tried to get at Zelda but fell backwards. His gargantuan axe swung through the air landing in its eye slaying the cyclops.
Once the other defenders had awoken, they declared that Zelda would be their new commander in chief. For even though she was not the bravest or the most cunning, she was the most courageous of all the defenders.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!