Party To Party

A kid named Bobbie was at a spectacular party, but he came late so he was only there for ten minutes. Bobbie got frustrated and walked over to Frank (Frank was the birthday boy) and said, “This is the worst party I’ve ever been to!” Frank shouted frustratedly as he ran up the staircase, “Why do you have to be so mean?” Bobbie was so annoyed that he didn’t even stay for the party bags.
At home Bobbie didn’t feel right. He went to bed because he felt better in bed. Then there was a strange BANG! Bobbie shivered. “Mum are you home?” Bobbie yelped. There was no answer. Just silence. But then a loud CRACK broke the silence. Bobbie screamed as he ducked under his doona. The light flickered. When Bobbie thought that was it, a strange vortex appeared next to his wardrobe. It started swirling faster and faster by the second, until suddenly it engulfed him like a cat swallowing a mouse.
After he was engulfed by the vortex, he found himself at a party. He walked around the party and lots of people said happy birthday and he saw balloons with his name on them. Then he realised that this was his party. He felt so happy. But the same kid he had been mean to came up to him and said, “Your party is terrible.” Bobbie started to walk away, but Frank followed him. Frank kept saying, “This is a terrible party.” Bobbie realised that he should have treated Frank how he wanted to be treated. Just then, Frank turned into that same vortex that had sucked Bobbie up earlier, but this time it didn’t grab him. So, he jumped through.
He found himself back in his very own room. Before he could think another thought, he heard his mother’s car pull up. Bobbie ran down the stairs and found his mother with take-a-way. As they ate dinner together, Bobbie’s mother left the table and came back with a big cake! They ate the cake until Bobbie remembered what he said to Frank, so he asked his mother if she could save a slice of cake for Frank.
The next day, before school, Bobbie packed the last slice of cake and went to school. At school when it was recess Bobbie found Frank and said, “I’m sorry I called your party terrible.” “That’s okay” answered Frank. “Here” I said as I handed him the slice of cake. “Thank you” said Frank. From then on Bobbie was never mean to anyone ever again.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!