Saving The World

Once upon a time, there were two children named Josie and Jim. They lived in the town of Stellenbosch, South Africa. They loved adventures and always wanted to go on one. One day on the news, they saw a massive hoarding. Next to the hording there was a hole which was shaped like a ruby. The hoarding had words written in bold pink that read “If the ruby which is in Candy Land is not placed here by the 1st of July 2019, the world will end!”.

Both the children said at once, “It’s the 11th of June already!”. Since Josie and Jim always wanted to be heroes, they asked their parents if they could go and save the world. They were lucky and their parents agreed to send them on an adventure.

The next day, they got into the car and made their way to the city of Cape Town. When they got there, they decided to go to the Government House and ask for help. They met the President and told him why they were there and what they needed.

Soon, Josie and Jim were flying high up in the sky. Not long after, one of the engines caught on fire and the plane crashed in the middle of a desert. This wasn’t the Sahara but the Great Basin Desert in the USA. They tried to find their way towards a highway. Shortly after, they found one and could spot a car coming towards them. Luckily, the driver offered to give them a lift to San Francisco. Candy Land was 100 miles off the outskirts of San Francisco.

Jim narrated the whole incident to Georgina, Jordan and their parents who were in the car. Instantly, Georgina and Jordan expressed their interest to join the adventure. Jim and Josie were excited to make new friends.

When they reached Candy Land, the parents gave the children walkie talkies for them to communicate and they left. Jim received a message saying that the ruby was on Mount Candy. They set off and walked a few days before finally arriving at the foot of Mount Candy.

When they looked up, guarding the ruby was a gigantic monster. The monster was black from head to toe. They made their way up the rocky mountain eating candies. When they got to the top, the monster attacked them. Jordan who loved dark chocolate reckoned that the monster was made up of dark chocolate. He ran up to the monster and took a big bite from his thigh. It was the yummiest dark chocolate that he had ever eaten. He called his friends and all of them started eating the yummy monster. Soon, the monster was completely gone.

They took the ruby, and started on their way back to Cape Town. The children rushed to the hording and placed the ruby in the hole. The children were applauded for their bravery and for saving the world. They had a perfect adventure!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!