King siddens problem

Long, long, ago, in the country of Toria, the mighty King Sidden was in trouble. The Forkan goblins of Forka were attacking his people. To keep safe, he needed to build a fort.

Sidden who was as wise as Solomon and his army of ten thousand robust warriors marched to the Great Forests. Quickly, they began to clear land for a fort. Soon, an area of 36 square kilometres was cleared for the fort. It took three busy days for the fort to be built. The fort had three high, stone walls around it and huge towers which held catapults. Around these walls, was a deep moat filled with cold water.

The next day, the great fort was besieged by the Forfan goblins, trolls and elves. From each wall of the fort arrows were fired to keep the enemy out of the fort. The catapults were kept constantly firing heavy boulders. At noon, the sun reflectors were used by King Sidden to reflect heat onto the Forkans. So they dropped immediately.

Finally, the Forkans had to surrender. It was a happy day for the whole of the Torian empire. The King Sidden never lost a single battle from then on.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!