One Day

I long for the days when I could see birds flying in the clear calm skies. Now I stand here in the hollowed out void filled with their agonising pleads.

I long for the days when I could see shimmering fish gliding in the sea, now as I look down into the abyss, I’m accompanied with nothing but the hauntingly beautiful embrace of something I can now only remember as something I’ll never forget.

I long for the days when I could see graceful butterflies, floating effortlessly in the air. Now all I see are toxic fumes replacing the ambience where they once flew so elegantly. How can something so small, impact me forever?

It doesn’t matter when, but we’ll all long for these days. Maybe the day when seeing a cloudless sky is only a memory, or maybe the day when we can only imagine such lush, adequate sceneries. It doesn’t matter when, but we’ll all long for these days, and my day is today.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!