Dark World

Jacob thought he was an ordinary man who lived off his father’s money but little did he know he was about to be given a warning.

“Dad,dropped me off on the streets telling me to go and buy some drinks, my mum’s death has stung him badly, he’s drinking too much. He keeps saying these are his last days...” “Drinks” said a waitress trying to have a peek into Jacobs diary “Thanks” Jacob said eyeing the waitress and quickly closing the book.

Jacob was a tall and a rather muscular man who had handsome features and looks but had no job or occupation, his eyes were dark like the night sky and he had bushy brown hair which he would always neatly comb. Jacob gulped down a bottle of cold beer.

Suddenly a peculiar looking figure came into the bar and sat down right next to Jacob and ordered some Whisky, he turned to Jacob and said “You reckon you could win a game of Blackjack against me” Jacob turned around and pretended to ignore him by ordering two extra bottles of beer “Come on, we’re in New York a little game wouldn’t hurt!” The man exclaimed but Jacob wasn’t interested until the man pulled up a pile of cash, Jacob looked stunned he didn’t expect this much money “ F...Fine” he said still petrified.

They started, the man shuffled the deck and then gave Jacob the deck “Shuffle” the man said coldly his hat leaning towards Jacob. Jacob did as he was told and shuffled the deck and made sure there was no sight of the blackjack but the man pulled it out straight away. Jacob was astonished, the man quickly left the bar and Jacob followed.

Night had fallen and the man went into a dark alley stopped dead and looked at Jacob, sprouted raven looking dark wings, grabbed Jacob and sucked him into a dark portal.
Jacob knew nothing of what happened, was he dreaming was this all just some trick he didn’t know. The man said nothing until they finally got out from the portal “Welcome to the Dark World!”Said the man. Jacob felt a chill run down his spine “We are in your memories and this is your throne, you control darkness your majesty” he said kneeling down towards Jacob and behind him 200 hundred soldiers had appeared wearing dark cloaks.

Then Jacob heard a bright but silent voice “Think..of..something…..happy”
Jacob did as the voice told him he looked at the man who now looked at Jacob with anger “Turn away from the voice,Master” “Never” Jacob replied, the world was filled with the darkest things. Jacob thought it was torture beyond your wildest dreams. He thought of something happy and the man grew talons and charged at Jacob but suddenly Jacob was sucked by a white portal and heard a never ending “NOOOO!”. He landed straight on the ground and was happy to be back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!