The First Encounter (Honey)


I opened my eyes and I saw a humongous panting lion resembling me, she seemed very fatigued... Although this is my first time seeing this lion that looked almost exactly like me, I felt like I could trust her. But then it went south, a peculiar figure with two legs came in and dropped in a strange looking being that had orange and black stripes out of a humongous webbed stick. Although he was asleep and at peace, I didn’t trust him. The peculiar being with two hind legs left and looked at me and the orange and black creature and had a bizarre glint in his eyes.

The orange and black creature had woken up, he had a look of concern and sorrow scanning the filthy deserted stone room around him. He looked at my mother and then looked in the distance as if he was remembering something. I looked into his eyes and felt a temporary moment of sympathy but soon after it went away. I heard the two-legged creatures chattering about Smokey and me with horrid looks on their faces (that’s what I assumed that the orange and black creature was called).

A few hours later I woke from my long sleep quivering on the dusty stone hard floor, I scanned the room around me to see if my fatigued mother was still alive. After I had scanned the room I realized that Smoky was being taken away, she was roaring to me “help me” frantically I pounced at the fence to Smoky but it had no effect, the two-legged creature just kept waltzing along as if he had no care in the world. I heard her echoing thundering roars as it got quieter and quieter until I heard nothing. My mother began to look ill, her eyes had begun to shut I roared “I love you” but I had no acknowledgment.

A weird looking two-legged creature looked at me in annoyance then at my mum. She had seen my mum. The two-legged creature came in and began walking toward me. I zoomed to my mum like thunder and held myself out like a shield but he didn’t take my mother, they took me. The weird looking two-legged creature got this metal rod with a long point on the end, he injected it in my neck and I began feeling tired. I wrestled my urge to fall asleep but it hadn’t done anything. I had fallen asleep.

I looked up and saw a giant shining light above me I thought “Is this the end”? As I began regaining my consciousness I looked down and saw these weird straps restraining me down and I scanned the room seeing a glimpse of Smokey and the weird two-legged creature still not realizing I had woken up discussed a few common words “Breed” and “Prototype” I had a glimpse at smokey and he was looking at me distressed.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!