Feelings

I look outside and see the bright magnificent colour loomed around the horizon dancing from house to house, the birds tweeting happily as they fly beserkley from tree to tree singly elegant happy tunes. But I also see the diseased massive coal pipes producing masses of grey smoky chemicals into the air. When will they stop?
I turn around and see the old furniture lying motionless on our worn-out sofa, the crusty golden leafy plant shimmering in the sunlight and the old stained blood-mark on the closet making my jaw tingle with sorrow.
I always used to go to the scrawny little villages and visit the poor homeless scavengers searching desperately for thrown out food which lay helplessly on the dry desert-like floor. But now I stay indoors absolutely petrified by the world outside. I also used to visit the glamorous park surrounded by stunning green trees towering above the atmosphere around it. But now all that is left is a great substantial hole filled with handfuls of poisonous ash and infectious tar which lies almost unmovable on the ground.
I never used to go to the dusty nefarious garage which had mould creeping up from its withins, paint peeling rapidly off the walls and the disgusting mud-covered ground oozed in the lays of dirt and debris. But now I feel the warmth tingling up my fingertips as I approach it.
As I sit down I look through the smashed glass window at the pale flowers swaying slowly in the distance. I think about the homeless people spending their lives on the street, innocent people dying and fighting for their lives. Life is like a infinite mountain. Life is a gift.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!