Kidnapped

I am the handsome Prince Vincenzo Dashing, Italian earl. My father is the ancient emperor of Italy, Rudolph the Menacing. My father expects the very best of me, so I’m always off gallivanting in the countryside searching for lavish treasures to impress my father. One day I was wandering in beautiful green hills, I saw something blue in the distance but I couldn’t put my finger on what it was, so I quickened up my pace and got there in a few minutes. It was a river; the water was so crystal clear that I could see black, brown and cream pebbles glistening in the sunlight and I could see something else in the distance, something brown and it had sails and a crow’s nest. I could hear muffled chanting and screaming coming from it, and right at the top of a large pole it had a pirate flag rising up. I then realised they were pirates and they were speeding up. They also had a huge steel canon at the front of the ship and it was aimed at me. BANG! I heard, there were cannonballs flying straight at me. First one came, I ducked and it hit a nearby tree, it was blasted to pieces, smoke billowing out of the charred bark. Next one came, it was aimed for my body. I couldn’t duck or my head will be blown to pieces, if I jumped, my legs would be ripped to shreds. So I ran to the side and that one hit the ground. I was safe, for now. The ship was now coming straight for me. A long, twisted rope was heading straight for me, it snagged my leg and a big man was pulling the rope to the ship. I was dragged along the slimy mud at the edge of the river and towed across the water until I was heaved on to the deck. A crew of big men in green shirts and black vests were holding loaded pistols pointed at me. Next, a short, thin man comes in puffing a cigar, he was wearing a boat captain’s hat and a gold belt. “What are you doing on my ship?” he asked in a deep Italian accent, “you tell me” I asked “you put me here” I said. “I am the infamous captain scar, Italian captain sailing the seven seas on my trusty ship the Golden Hound. “You still didn’t answer my question, why am I here?” “You want to know you dirty scoundrel?” “Yes I do” I replied. “Well I’ve been a tad bit lonely over the past few months”. “Haven’t we been keeping you company?” asked one of the men. “Well blisters let me get this straight, no you haven’t, not at all.” “See, you seemed like a nice lad and I need an heir to have this ship when I die, so what do you say me friend?” “Is it a yes?” he asked. “Yes I will” I replied.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!