Jack Sails To The Forbidden Island

“SPLASH!” went Jack’s boat as it plummeted into the water. Jack shivered with fear, lost in sensation as towering mountains of water surrounded him. He sat at the front of the boat in despair as he looked around the desolate sea. The helplessness stung his eyes with pain, “could this be the end?” before he became unconscious.

As Jack awoke on a secluded beach with sand lapping into his pants, a spiral of water torpedoed straight towards him and delivered Poseidon in his sparkly scaly tail! “What may I do for you, young man?” He asked. “Y-y-your m-m-majesty, c-c-can you help me get back home?” Jack’s voice trembled with uncertainty.

The King of the Sea raised his trident, instantly, a ring slipped onto Jack’s finger. “This will give you strength of the Mighty Hercules,” he smiled. “But how do I use… it...?” Poseidon had already vanished into the ripples, leaving only Jack’s voice echoing in mid air.

Unexpectedly, a thrust of wind knocked him over, almost like a Tornado landing at his feet. A distorted figure glided towards Jack, it was the Guardian Spirit of the Forest. For centuries, its mission is to hunt all intruders, for Jack has accidentally entered the Forbidden Island.

The Spirit thrashed through the forest in pursuit as stubborn Jack refused to apologize for trespassing. It gnashed its teeth and made a high-pitched cry, instantaneously, all the animals in the forest: the squirrels, lizards, snakes, even Venus flytraps were summoned to kill. Jack was in serious danger.

In desperation, Jack remembered Poseidon’s words. Suddenly, an urge of tremendous strength filled up his body through his veins, which almost made his blood boil. Stomping through the forest, the unstoppable Jack tore apart every creature that came into his way.

Jack finally got to the end of the forest, surrounded by the deep blue sea. Without hesitation, he jumped in and started to swim. Hundreds of crocodiles appeared and started chasing him. Jack began to paddle like crazy but that still wasn’t enough to set him free.

After a few loops, Jack decided to take the plunge and dive down to the bottom of the sea where he waited patiently for an opportunity. With all his might, Jack shot out his body like an arrow travelling at the speed of light and sank his fist into the largest crocodile amongst the float. The crocodile’s dead body nose-dived immediately, attracting the attention of the rest. “That should buy me some time,” Jack thought to himself.

Despite exhaustion, he swam beyond the Cave of Illusions and cut through the strangling Long Violet Vines. At last, Jack crawled onshore at the Maze of Confusions where his splitting headache set in like thunder. The intense pain dropped the invincible to his knees and he finally blacked out.

“Ring! Ring!” The alarm clock rang. “Was it all a dream?” Still confused and disorientated, Jack took a glimpse and saw the unfamiliar faint glow of gold around his finger…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!