Thanksgiving Catastrophe

Amy is fourteen and when she grows up she wants to be a cook working around America. So this year she really wants to make a spectacular Thanksgiving dinner for her family. But …well you'll see.
It’s nearly Thanksgiving and Amy drove to the enormous shopping centre and got her ingredients like turkey and herbs to make an amazing dinner.
She comes back home and sets everything up. Eventually it’s Thanksgiving! She starts getting ready and everything is going smoothly.
UNTIL…
The timer goes off, but Amy doesn’t hear it and everything starts going wrong from here. She drops the peas all over the floor, forgot the potatoes at the shops and the turkey splatters all over the inside of the oven! “NO!” Amy cried. She had no idea what to do and thought she was letting her family down.
Amy thought to herself about what happened last year when she really wanted to make a magical Thanksgiving dinner, but she thought she wasn’t ready to. Mostly because everyone at the time said she couldn’t do it.
So this is why she is upset and so determined to make the best Thanksgiving dinner ever this year!
Amy saw someone walking along the path who looked familiar. It was her friend Jessica! She was so relieved, she ran outside and asked her trying to be very kind “Can you pleeeaaase help me?” Amy said in a pleading voice. “Sure,” Jessica mumbled in a flippant way. “Well come on, let's go make the best Thanksgiving dinner ever!” said Amy.
“What should we do?” Amy cried. “We can’t just serve it up like this!”
Jessica said loudly. They thought very hard about it and Amy got an idea, “We should make a huge Thanksgiving pie!” she said. “That’s a great idea, it will be enormous and hopefully really delicious.” They put all of the destroyed foods together and it was nearly time.
Everybody was sitting at the dining table and Amy was so nervous. They took the pie out and everyone was confused, they sat down and started to eat. Her grandma asked what it was and Amy said it was a pie. Her grandma was shocked! She took a bite and wasn’t sure so she took another bite than spat it out all over the wall then ran to the kitchen and grabbed some water. Amy didn’t know what to do.
Amy thought about what she would do if it was a normal dinner. She got an idea! They can go out for dinner! So, they hopped in the car and drove off. They couldn’t find anything open. Amy was so disappointed.
They drove back home and you could hear their tummies rumbling.
When Amy saw a light in the corner of her eye she yelled “STOP!” and everyone got shocked. They quickly went inside the restaurant and were so happy! They had some dinner just before it closed. It was ok, but Amy wished she heard that timer! The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!