Bad Luck

“STOP FOLLOWING ME!” I screamed, not turning back, just sprinting for my life. “At LEAST slow down.” I was being chased by an adult man because I accidentally fell and spilt my drink OF WATER on his boot. No net on his shoe, he didn’t even feel it, it was just wet! I found a public bathroom, ran in, locked the door and sat down and listened. He knows that I’m in here and I think he has either given up or is waiting outside, but I’m going out anyway. I’m not hiding in a bathroom anymore, no way, it smells...bad!
I peer out the door a little scared but fine at the same time. I don’t see him so I just walk out normally. This is just a normal start to a day. I believe I have the worst possible luck EVER. I have ever since I was three...
(flash back montage)
We were just a little family living a normal life until someone did something wrong, just wrong. Someone they didn’t know at all. His name was FRANK, but the family didn’t actually know his name. He stole their most prized item that they owned. It was their safe that was tied to the wall with a very stable rope. It had their life savings in it, but when it got stolen, they all went to church to pray for it back, but it never came back and ever since, they have had the worst luck like EVER, but they just got used to it.
After they got used to it, it got worse until the point if they walked out the house they would almost die or hurt somebody. So they don’t go out of the house until they’re desperate for food or have to do something for a friend. But some school days, I have to obviously go to school, not all, but some. And in those few school days, I go to a small school out of town that has a total of twelve children including myself and I have accidentally hurt all eleven!
I continue my adventure to school just hoping, so hard for the safe to go back to our family. And for my family’s luck to go back to normal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!