Faster Than Lightning

One night, two boys went to the Turducken Woods to go and see a meteor shower. When they arrived the meteor shower started. “Wow that’s so cool!” said Heath.
“I know!” said Chase. All of a sudden there was one meteor that stood out. It was glowing blue with sparks around it; it turned towards the boys and started falling rapidly. “Run!” yelled Heath. Bang! The meteor hit the ground making a track of dirt and rocks behind it. Heath looked with a grin and Chase looked at him nervously.
Chase knew what Heath was thinking. They were going to follow the meteor, not knowing what it was, but they didn’t care. It’s a meteor what can it do? Finally, they arrived and it was as bright as before. One step at a time they got close until they stopped. Heath reached his hand out and rested it on the meteor, and then it started glowing brighter and brighter until it gave him a shock into his hand, up his spine and into his head and then he passed out. “Heath! Heath!” Chase was shaking Heath trying to wake him up. He opened his eyes and Chase was relieved.
Chase gave Heath a hand up. “Let’s go,” said Chase. They walked back home to get some rest. The next morning the sun rose and Heath got up and felt fine so he hopped out of bed and went for a walk. Surprisingly, he felt fine so he ran until something amazing happened, so amazing you wouldn’t believe it until you saw. He ran faster than lightning. So Heath ran straight to Chase to show him what he could do. When Heath arrived and told Chase, he said he needed proof so Heath showed him. Chase was stunned. “How can you do it?” he said.
“I don’t know,” Heath replied. “I think it was that meteor.”
“Then let’s find out,” Chase said excitedly. They went to see if Heath was immune to electricity by getting a bucket of electrified water and Heath dipped his hand into it. When he did it, he got a shiver up his spine but he didn’t die, so that meant he was immune. All of a sudden, Heath sucked up all of the electricity into his body almost like his body was absorbing it. After that, the boys went straight to the woods where the meteor landed. They used Heath’s super speed. When they arrived, the meteor wasn’t there. All there was …was a mark where it used to be. Heath used his super speed to search around the area, but it was not there. Then Heath started to feel light headed so he looked at his legs and he was disintegrating so he looked behind and there was a man. The strange man was holding something that was sucking Heath up, he looked at Heath with a grin, then Heath’s hand started to spark so he reached out and touched the machine and…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!