Under The Rug

Two weeks past and it happened again. It came in destroying everything. It was not fast, but I didn’t have anything to kill it with. I heard a thin glass smash at twelve o’clock, I thought I should go and check it out, but I tripped down the stairs with a slight glimpse of the beast. I was in an old torn dressing gown that I had for ten years or so, but I did not catch it.
The next day I was searching for traces of the beast, but I didn’t find anything. All I found was a smashed glass and a round rugged hole in the wall.
Another two hard weeks of trying to find the beast past, but this time I was prepared. I had a two small knifes where the rug ended, and I was holding an old wooden chair in my rugged hands. I was prepared. That night I was ready to kill this foul beast that was under that old worn rug. when I heard another thin glass shatter. I ran to the kitchen to find it, as I found it I wacked with all my might I waked that almighty rug beast with the old rugged chair. and this is what I saw… I saw the white old carpet get stained with thick red blood and cut a hole with the sharp knife I my red blood-stained hands to reveal the beast, and there it was... THE WORKER I HIRED FOUR WEEKS AGO TO REPLACE THE CARPET!


By Taj Gallaher


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!