Sausage

I love being a dog. It’s the best job in the world. The best part of being a dog is early in the morning, when you’re still sleepy and then two bowls filled with joy and happiness are put in front of you. The first one is filled to the brim with fresh, icy cold water straight from the tap. The second filled with hard, crunchy brown kibble, which usually fills you up for the whole day. Sometimes I can’t even eat dinner but today I was still hungry so I decided to go and find some food.
I jumped up at the door and tried to grab the handle, but I just missed. I tried and tried again, taking a giant leap of faith and just made it with the tip of my paw. I clicked open the door and scampered inside. I stopped by the kitchen and stuck my pointy nose in the fridge and sniffed around. Nothing. I crept towards the front door staying as quiet as possible, when suddenly, the bathroom door unlocked. It was a human.
I saw its smelly foot step out, filling the air with disgusting fumes. I looked around trying to find a place to hide. I saw a small gap in between the rooms. I squeezed in and stood there, as quiet as a mouse. My human didn’t notice me as she walked past. Once she went away, I stumbled through the cat flap. As I shuffled down the stairs, the cat Cheddar hissed at me and I growled back.
I shuffled down the street with my head held high, my chest forward and my tail up in the air. As I entered the supermarket, I couldn’t even stand still I was so shocked. There was a whole aisle filled with MEAT! As I walked through the aisle, I heart some little feet walking around. There were two pairs of red and yellow feet. It must be my imagination. I kept walking. What could that thing possibly be?
I waddled along and then I saw it. It was a sausage that compared to me, was like a mouse and a giant. I reached out to grab it but then I saw two small figures out of the corner of my eye. One yellow and one red. I was surprised when instead of seeing two small humans, I saw two talking sauce bottles. I couldn’t help but laugh. “Oi!” shouted the ketchup bottle. “What are you laughing at?” “Hmm nothing,” I stuttered. “Then get out of our way.” They grabbed my sausage as they strutted past!
I wanted that sausage back. I took five steps back and then hurled myself at the one holding MY sausage. I grabbed it and sprinted so fast, I didn’t even hear its screams. I sprinted home as fast as I could and took a big breath of relief as I jumped through the flap. I was home, just in time for my second favourite thing… Walkies!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!