The Mix Up Of Sounds

Not long ago there lived a nine year old girl named Lilli. She had a friend named Zahra. Lilli was kind, loving and smart, Zahra was as well. The next day they were going to the park to spend time with each other. It was going to be exciting, Zahra liked someone named Christian. Lilli and Zahra were happy friends. They stayed in a cottage by the beach.
Lilli and Zahra were getting ready for bed. Lilli fell asleep fast, but Zahra couldn’t stop looking at the picture of HERSELF, but she finally fell asleep. But before they could finish their nap, an alarm clock rung and scared Zahra out of bed and almost out of the window. “It’s Ok,” said Lilli. “It was just my new alarm clock.” “Ohhhh,” replied Zahra. Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring. “Oh, be quiet alarm clock,” said Lilli. Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring.
“That's it!” said Zahra as she grabbed a cricket bat and, SMASH! Zahra smashed the alarm clock and threw the pieces out the window.
Finally, they got up and ready for the day. It was a beautiful day. “Let’s go to the park now,” said Lilli. So off they went off. A few hours later they were in their park playing. Soon after that, it was night time. When they got home, the clock read 9:15 pm. So they got into bed and fell asleep. A few hours later, Zahra woke up, she heard a sound. She called Lilli, but she stayed asleep. So Zahra got out of bed to see what the sound was. She walked into the dark kitchen, as the sound got louder, she got more frightened. But then she saw something, it was moving. “Ah!” said Zahra. “It….it ...it’s a shadow,” whispered Zahra to herself. It flung out the front door and down the street so Zahra chased it down the street. But it disappeared.
And then Zahra noticed as well as losing the shadow, she was lost! Zahra looked behind her, in front, to the left and to the right. But it was no use, she was lost. Luckily Zahra found a bench and slept on it. In the morning, Lilli came rushing down the street looking for Zahra wearily, as she had just woken up. Lilli said, “Where were you!” in a very tired voice. “Someone was in our house,” replied Zahra, “ringing a bell. “Don’t Worry,” said Lilli, “I will go check it out with you.” So off they went.
A few weeks later, it turned out just to be the oven beeping, which got fixed and Zahra never saw shadows again. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!