Elephant Times

When I see an elephant at the zoo I always wonder what it's like to be one. After getting back to my home I asked my mum "What do you think its like being an elephant?". She always replies the same thing: "I don't know my dear, why don't you ask an elephant?". I always go to sleep wondering about that question my mum asked me and after waking up the this morning I remembered that today was the day that we were going to the zoo to study the animals.
After arriving to the zoo I asked the teacher if we could visit the elephants first. After getting to the elephant cage I asked one wise looking elephant "what is it like being an elephant?". Can you guess what happened next? Well, I suddenly felt quite dizzy and then I looked down to my legs which felt like they had just being born. Guess what I saw? I saw 4 elephant legs!! Now I am going to have to live the life of an elephant. I have been at the zoo for a week now and I think I know what it's like being an elephant. It includes eating grass, having to cope with the smelly poop and eating with a trunk. I DO NOT like being an elephant. I wished I could turn into a human again. I closed and opened my eyes. It was just a dream. Ahh... its good to be back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!