Viola’s First Kiss

The school bell rung loudly, indicating the end of the day. Crowds of students flooded the hallway. Before it was completely empty and dead silent. And now, it was filled with conversation and laughter. Since I didn’t like big groups of people, I waited until most of them left.
I started walking down the hall when I noticed a tall dark-haired boy leaning against my locker. He had the most beautiful blue eyes I’d ever seen and wore a black Adidas hoodie along with a pair of tight denim jeans. It was Leo Damon.
“Can you move?” I asked, acting polite.
“Where have your manners gone, Viola?” He inquired.
I rolled my eyes.
“Will you please move then?” I asked again.
He didn’t respond. Instead he stood there, staring at me.
It didn’t seem like he was going to move any time soon. I put my hands on his tough chest and tried shoving him to the side. Only problem was, he barely moved.
“What’s your problem?” I questioned.
If he was trying to be a pain, he was doing an excellent job.
I reached over his shoulder and started to put in the code for my lock. I had reached my second number when Leo quickly and suddenly leaned forward, his lips meeting mine.
I broke away from the kiss almost immediately. What on earth was he thinking!?
"What the hell!" I exclaimed angrily, crossing my arms over my chest.
"Oh, come on, you know you liked it." He teased, a smirk on his face.
"You know what?" I said getting frustrated,
"I can get my stuff tomorrow.” I turned starting to walk off but then a strong hand grabbed my arm, stopping me from going any further.
"What!" I shouted in anger quickly turning to face Leo.
I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I just wanted to go home.
Leo's hand loosened then fell to his side. He stared at the ground, then focused his attention on me.
"Look, I'm sorry," he said sincerely.
I studied him.
He'd taken my first kiss, not that he knew, and was being a complete jerk to me by blocking me from my locker.
"I’m sick and tired of you bothering me all the time,” I told him.
“I wish you’d stay away from me.” I straightened my posture a little and then looked into those gorgeous sparkling eyes of his.
A tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheek. I hadn’t realised how frustrated I’d gotten.
Leo lifted his hand up to my face and gently wiped it away. His hand lingered for a couple seconds before it fell back by his side.
He took a step back.
"If that's what you want." He said sadly.
He glanced at me once more before hesitantly turning around.
Moving quickly, he shoved his hood over his head and headed towards the exit, forcefully pushing open the two double doors.
I sighed grabbing my things. I headed away from the school and returned back to my house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!