Night Of The Aliens


W-what’s happening?” I stammered as a crash echoed around my old, narrow bedroom. All at once
horrible laughter filled the air and long, bony fingers grabbed my shoulders. Before I could shout out
in alarm, someone shrieked, “Help! Get off me Katy! You’re hurting me!” I looked around the room
to see my annoying little brother, Ray rolling around on the floor pretending I was squashing him. I
heard the booming voice of my mother scolding me from upstairs. So why don’t I care?


You’d think I’d be shouting up to my parents telling them he was faking it, but when I was little I learned the hard way. I didn’t get to go to any parties for a solid month. My brother enjoys nothing more than to play tricks on me and watch me get in trouble for them. But the actual problem is what happened last night.


I was restless; just couldn’t get to sleep. Then I heard an eerie sound coming from my brother’s bedroom, followed by the patter of feet. I jumped in fright as I heard tiny whispers coming closer and closer to my room. At first I panicked and quickly threw my doona cover over my head, but when I peeped out the noise seemed to fade away into the distance.


The next morning I was still shaken by the events of last night. I decided to think it through that day, but in the end I still couldn’t think of an explanation for it. Maybe my parents could think of something. As I approached their bedroom however, I could hear them whispering and laughing with Ray! If I put my ear close to the door I could them saying, “Our plan will be complete at midnight” and “The innocent people of the city won’t know what hit them!” It was hard to know what they were saying because all I could hear was them laughing every two seconds. As I realized what they were saying I just wanted to barge in there and demand to know the truth; as I was feeling scared I didn’t go in so I went to bed in wait for midnight. At midnight someone went into Ray’s room and pulled him out of bed. I ran to his room to see an alien standing at the door!


I didn’t know what to do so I grabbed Ray’s plastic sword and started to fight the beastly alien. Soon I got the hang of it and knocked it over!

I ran to the phone and called 000, the police helped restrain the monstrous alien and locked it up. Soon after, we found my parents locked in the cupboard. So it was the aliens I heard talking in my parent’s bedroom! The alien was sent far away, never to bother anyone ever again. Well I wish the whole thing never happened in the first place……..



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!