The Missing Egg

The reflection of Flint rippled on the River Dawn as he hoisted his sword and lunged, aiming for the majestic dragon. Its golden scales glistened in the dark like bright stars, its talons scrabbled fiercely as Flint pounced up his heart pounding and his eyes glaring at the dragon. Just then, the dragon, a writhing tongue of flame in the dark night sky, roared furiously which made Flint to nearly topple over. Its eyes glinted like the moon daring Flint to come near to its jaws. The dragon flung himself which caused Flint to be thrown into the air. He plummeted into the chasm and he was gone.
Taron, a boy with bloodshot eyes watched the whole incident his mother sobbing as his father fell to his death. The cries of the town people filled the air with dread. Someone called out “Now who is going to save us from the dragon?”

The next day, the birds were singing jovially, the village filled with silence. Taron went downstairs in a brisk jog when he saw his mother staring at the window. "Taron... the dragon came back" she whispered, shuddering. His mother tiptoed out heading for the woods but the dragon spotted her. Taron ran for her aid and held her hand. He escorted her quickly but the dragon did not seem interested in her. It sniffed the air and headed to Miss Esters house.

Miss Esters came out of the house holding a large green egg when the dragon glared at her and turned aggressive. It smashed houses when Taron realised what was happening, he screamed "Miss Esters give the egg back!" The dragon was about to stomp on her but Taron pushed her. The egg flung out of her arms and crashed to the ground.CRACK! The egg broke in half and a fierce miniature dragon came out. The mother dragon gazed at her baby with a dreamy look on her face. She carried the baby on her back and silently retreated to its dwelling.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!