THE FANTASY LAND


Once upon a time there lived two girls. One named Charlie and the other named Emily.

One day, Charlie invited Emily to her house for a sleepover. They had a great time. In the morning, the girls went outside to get some eggs from the chickens, but when they opened the gate to the chicken pen; they didn't find themselves in the chicken pen; they found themselves in a fantasy land!

"Where are we ?" asked Charlie. "I don't know!" replied Emily. "Actually, I think we're in a fantasy land!" said Charlie suddenly. "Yes exactly!" replied Emily. Emily had read so many books about fantasy lands, but she could never have imagined being in one herself. "We need to get out of here!" Emily yelled. Suddenly, a huge gorilla started chasing them. Without hesitation, the two girls bolted like lightening, stumbling on rocks, swerving around trees, doing everything they possibly could to get away. When the gorilla was a few minutes behind them, they found a wall to hide behind. "Look, let's hide behind this wall!" Charlie said, out of breath. "Good idea!" replied Emily, also out of breath. They waited nervously until the gorilla had passed. Then they set up camp for the night. The girls got a good night's sleep, before being woken up early by the chirping of the birds.

They found a bucket each, and went to the nearby river to fill it up. "Look!" said Emily excitedly. "An apple tree!" she said even more excitedly. "Let's pick some apples to eat!" They ate one each and found another bucket to put the rest in. Later that day, it got extremely hot. Emily had an amazing idea. "Charlie!" she said. "Let's catch some fish and see if it's hot enough to cook them on one of these metal buckets!" "That's a great idea!" Charlie replied. They tipped the water out of one of the metal buckets back into the river. Some of the water went on the grass. Suddenly, the grass grew as tall as them! "That's strange!" said Charlie, looking very confused. "Of course it is!" said Emily, remembering all the books she had read about fantasy lands. "Shut up!" said Charlie, as she found a long stick. Then Emily got a long piece of grass and attached it to the end. After that, Charlie got some apple and used it as bait. they caught two fish, and ate one each. "This is the best fish ever!" said Charlie. "I know!" replied Emily. For dinner they had more fish. It was their new favourite food to eat in fantasy land!

The next morning, Charlie and Emily both had an apple for breakfast, but when Charlie leaned against the wall, she disappeared! "Charlie!" Emily yelled. there was no answer. Then Emily bravely decided to lean back against the wall. Suddenly she was back in the chicken pen with Charlie. "Great timing girls, the bacon is almost ready!" said Charlie's Mum. THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!