The Bang

One morning a girl was walking to school. Everyday she had to walk past an old, creepy house to get to her school. The front door was always shut but on this particular day it was open.
She heard a loud noise, “BANG BANG BANG”. Curiosity got the better of her, so she decided to take a closer look. She slowly walked to the door and turned the door knob. BANG! The door shut behind her. She was terrified but she kept on hearing banging. She walked closer and closer to the sound.
The banging lead her to a room. She entered the room… In the room she saw an animal, but it was trapped in a net. She didn’t know what type of creature it was. She said to herself, “Oh no… it looks like it’s hurt…I hope it’s alright.” “I’m going to cut it free.”
She got her pocket knife out of her bag and slowly walked over to the creature. The net was all tangled up on the animal. She cut it free, but it wouldn’t move. She picked it up and saw that it had been cut on its neck. She then realised that it was an adorable little puppy with big blue eyes and nice, soft, white fur.
She quickly ran home with the puppy bundled snugly in her arms. She got it a bowl of water and fixed its wound.
One week later the puppy’s wound was all healed. Later that night same night, she heard an old, angry man’s voice calling down the street, “Where are you, you stupid little dog. Straight back to the net for you,” he yelled in a cruel voice. She knew she wouldn’t ever let the precious puppy go as she curled up even closer on her chest.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!