The Crime


“It was just an ordinary day, until I walked into the library,” said Mrs Levobits, the library monitor to the reporter.

The reporter stared into the camera and continued, “There has been a major crime scene in the library of Brunswick Heads Public school, that has somehow involved many of the Year 5 students. And they each have different versions of events.”

Two young students stood close by, looking like lost guests at the party.

“Now to show you the major suspects….” the reporter then turned to the two students:
“Well hello, Jameson Forman and Violet Lake. If I am correct, you two were borrowing books from the library just a while before this horrific scene happened.”

Violet, startled by the reporter’s questions spluttered, “You are correct. But I do not know much about what could have happened; all I know is that Scarlet Heaney and Lani Bee were sent to the office after we got back to class,” said Violet. “so, it’s really them you should be interviewing!” Violet continued.

Jameson, looking guilty and feeling uncomfortable now that the cameras focus was upon him. “And it wouldn’t have of been either of us since we were back in the classroom before anything even happened!”

“Thank you for your point of view. Our next suspects are Scarlet Heaney and Lani Bee because apparently, they were sent out to the office after Jameson and Violet were back in class,” said the haughty reporter.

“Hello, I really don’t know why I’m here. We got asked to go to the office, so we went to the office!” said Scarlet.

“That is not true Scarlet!” Lani replied, “What really happened was Scarlet did not go to the office she went to the library, smashed the door window, jumped through and killed Jarrah Kaminski… THAT’S THE TRUTH!”

The reporter, with a confused expression on her face replied, “Well, it looks as if things are really heating up here. Please stay tuned for further updates through the night… Now onto the weather.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!