Saving My Friendship

Once upon a time there lived two families with three girls and two parents each. The names of the girls in one family were Lily, Sue and Trina and the girls in the other family were Annabell, Zoe and Ellie. Annabell was friends with Lily, Sue and Zoe were friends and Trina and Ellie were also. One day, the parents of Lily's family decided that they want to move. The girls did not want to, though. That would mean they might not see their friends again! They knew that to save their friendship they would have to stop their parents from making the move. Then Annabell had a good idea. "What if we had a challenge to decide if we move or not," she said. Lily interrupted her. "What if we lose the challenge and have to move?" She asked. "If we move, we move. We will eventually make new friends," Trina replied. "But I don't want to make new friends. I want to keep the ones we have!" Lily wailed. "Anyways, what should the challenge be?" Trina asked. "We could have an egg and spoon race," Lily suggested. "Or a swimming relay," Sue replied. "Then it's settled then. We will have a swimming relay tomorrow afternoon." Trina decided. The next day, early in the afternoon, the relay was about to begin. Since the family was an odd number, Trina had to sit out. Mum and Lily were preparing, as they were up first. When Trina blew the whistle and shouted "Go!" The race began. The competitors leapt into the water. Lily was reaching for the baton, close followed by Mum. Dad was waiting for the baton to be passed to him at the other side of the pool, next to Sue. Lily passed her baton to Sue, and behind her, was Mum. Dad and Sue sprang into the pool, to place the baton back on the other side, then race back. As Sue put the baton back she heard cheering at the end of the pool. Sue has won! Their friendship gets to stay.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!