The Golden Lamp

Quick tip before the story begins: Do not (and I mean it DO NOT!) go into that hidden room. Okay, now I should probably introduce myself, but I’m not going to - DON’T STOP READING! Okay, okay, I’ll tell you my name. It’s Bob - got you, it’s really Fred, Fred Valdez to be exact. Alright, on to the story.

’Twas the centre of English class when the tornado warning sounded. We all scrambled to get to the safety of the bunker first. I was at the back of the line – as usual. The others all got in, but then a support beam fell across the entrance! I couldn’t get in! In terror, I ran around looking for somewhere safe to hide. In exhaustion, I leant against the wall - and it disappeared out from behind me! As I fell, I thought ‘Wow! A secret room!’ When I got up, I saw a staircase. I had two choices: Up or down. But then, debris clogged the doorway - Okay, now I have one.

When I was at the bottom, I saw a pit of lava bubbling menacingly - and then I tripped. As I fell, I wished that I was safe, and a pillar shot straight from the lava and I landed on it. It was strangely soft. And then I saw the lamp and thought ‘This is like Aladdin. Maybe, just maybe, I might be able to make more wishes.’ I wished that I was above ground and safe.
And the story continues… in the next one.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!