A Horrible Dream

Jess dragged her tired legs across the floor and fainted midway between Demons Hall. She awoke in peace and quiet, her eyes still adjusting and her brain still loading. She had fainted in what looked like a hallway with raggedy walls. Unfortunately, all there seemed to be in the hall ways was mould, dust and one half opened door that was placed at the end of the hallway and that she had just noticed. The door creaked opened just as Jess gave a tiny squeal. But then she had noticed that all there was, was air that came out of the door. Then two men came out of the door, Jess held her breath and her heart was thumping twice as usual as in a start of a race. Without noticing, the men walked past her when she had closed her eyes thinking she was going to die. “How could this be?” she flattered inside her mind. She touched her hands both sides and all the things she just saw seemed to go blank and now all she could see was white.
Now for real, she opened her eyes clearing the blur out of her sight. She finally noticed that she was stuck in a half overgrown prison covered by veins. Unexpectedly she heard faint whispers coming through the other side of the room. “Who are you?” she said as she stumbled to stand up. “You ain’t wanna know who we are,” the voice said back. “What are we doing down here?” she said back, trying to be brave. “There ain’t getting out of here either,” the same voice replied. “Where are we?” Jess blurted out. “We are at the Coast of Murlanda,” the voice said. Two voice started to trail down from the stairs. “Here I think it’s this one,” the other voice said. The person who looked like a policeman pointed at me. “You over there, come out,” said the man who looked like a policeman.
I got dragged from my prison gate to what looked like a soccer field with many other people. I was scared that was one thing, so the next thing I could think of was, run! Then when I took my first step, ‘woosh’, someone tapped my shoulder. “Wake up girl, we are closed now.” Then I realised that I was still on the couch at my school library with my books planted in my face, I felt very confused in my mind, but on the outside, I felt safe to be back at school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!