Imagination


In a small town called Funky Town there was a boy who lived there who had a huge imagination. His name was Harrold. He had the biggest imagination of anyone who lived in the town.
He imagined strange things, like one day, he imagined that the throw on the back of him mum’s leather couch looked a lot like a character out of a movie, or like a big mountain in the Wild West.
One afternoon when he was at the park he saw an enormous dragon slithering across the monkey bars and destroying power-lines and crushing cars. He knew he had to do something so he geared up with a pan on his head and a spoon – he was ready to get the dragon!
The other people in the park started to look at him strangely. There was a lady with black curly hair pushing a little girl with a red dress on a swing next to him. Suddenly she grabbed her child and they walked quickly to the gate leading out of the park.
Unfortunately the dragon went over the fence and out of the park. He obviously had to follow it and after a long afternoon of chasing and swinging his spoon from side to side he got the dragon to fly away into the distance. But it was safe to say that he did have an enormous imagination.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!