The Chosen One

In the spectacular kingdom of Dorina, a naming celebration was occurring for a new born Princess. Her name was Princess Sapphire, daughter of King Anthony and Queen Sophia. While the ceremony was taking place, Princess Sapphire became agitated and she began to cry. Her mother tried with all her might to nurture her but was unsuccessful. It was only when Princess Sapphire turned her head towards a window and she saw a magnificent unicorn that she stopped. Somehow Princess Sapphire knew that her name was Infinity and pronounced it perfectly. Infinity stared at her with a mesmerising look, which made Princess Sapphire cease crying. Her mother was startled and looked at her with curiosity.
Many years later, Princess Sapphire was in the middle of her usual etiquette class when she had a sudden urge to answer the door. She asked if she could be excused from class and she bolted to the door, feeling a familiar presence. She opened the door and to her surprise, she realised that it was Infinity, the unicorn that made an impact on her as a baby. It felt like they had known each other for years as they embraced each other with love. Infinity spoke with a silky sweet voice and had a message to share with her.
She told her that she had untapped potential in the magical world. Infinity handed her a list of things she would need for the new, adventurous school, Rainowl. She told Princess Sapphire that she would be the best and smartest student in her grade and that she was destined for greatness. With that, Princess Sapphire and Infinity said their goodbyes and Infinity vanished in a puff of shimmering smoke.
Princess Sapphire opened the golden envelope and read its contents aloud to her mother. Her mother didn’t seem surprised at all, instead overjoyed. Queen Sophia then explained that she also went to Rainowl and it was the best experience of her life. Queen Sophia gathered all her wizardry coins and raced to the markets with her daughter. They made a wand out of Princess Sapphire’s favourite objects in a shop called Marvin's Magical Wands. They bought her study books and a few extra books so she could read about the history of magic and spells.
Finally, it was time to go to Rainowl. When she arrived, she felt a bad presence lurking in the school. Suddenly there were black clouds surrounding the school and Princess Sapphire realised she was the chosen one to destroy the evil. She took out her magic wand and released all her emotions into a spell that would bring light. The dark clouds vanished and all the students and teachers praised her for saving the school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!