Passing The House

Every morning the weather would be cold and sometimes humid. The creepy, old and not so straight house was right across Nevaeh’s street in a really old town called Gorge Town. Nevaeh is 14 years old, she goes to Mania High School.
One morning the wind was as fast as a waterfall and it was as cold as Antarctica. No one knew it could get this cold especially Nevaeh. Nevaeh has to walk past the creepy, old and not so straight house every day. The first time Nevaeh walked past the creepy old house the door opened on her. She just walked past the door and thought someone opened the door by accident.
A few days later it kept happening as she walked past the door. Than one day she said to herself ,“why does that door open on me but not anyone else?” A couple of minutes later Nevaeh arrived at school. Her teacher (Mr. Molser) told them to write a story about something that happens every day. Nevaeh had a very hard think if she should write about the creepy, old and not so straight house that she has to walk past every day.
“BING BING BING,” the bell went. Nevaeh was only half way through her story. “Bye Mr.Molser!” Barked Nevaeh as if she was in an audience.
Nevaeh just got off the bus and got to the house. The door opened. Nevaeh jumped in the house. “BANG” the door closed as if an elephant stomped right in front of her. “HHHH,” “that scared me!!” Nevaeh muttered under her breath. Nevaeh walked in fear. “I hope this isn’t my last day,” Nevaeh whispered to herself. “BANG!!” “ARRRHH,” “Shhh, you will get trapped in here!” quietly said Mr.Molser. “What are you doing here Mr.Molser?” “I was going to ask the same question!” “BANG BANG BANG BANG!” “Come on Nevaeh there is no time to lose.”
An old, disgusting, mean person came down the stairs one by one. Nevaeh’s heart was beating as fast as rapid water. “Come on!” “NO I’m going to stay here and try to get out,” “No don’t do it please Nevaeh please!” Mr.Molser screamed.
“Ok I’m coming,” YELLED Nevaeh as loud as she could when she was running as fast as her leg could carry her.
“BANG” the door closed right behind them.
“Are you ok Nevaeh,” Mr.Molser whispered to her when they were laying on the ground.
“Yeah I’m ok but are you?”
“Yes but never go in there again. Do you promise?” whispered Mr Molster.
“Yes, I promise,” Nevaeh nodded.
Nevaeh went home and never said anything to her parents at all except that she had a good day at school. The next day she walked past the house and made sure that no one else went in the house especially herself.
A few days later the council burnt down the very old house and built a new house. Nevaeh got an award for being the bravest girl in the whole world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!