Untitled

At the crack of dawn Dazy the lion cub was waiting at the top of the tallest mountain in the rainforest for her breakfast. It was a very unusual day for Dazy. She had to wake up at two o’clock in the morning so she could get a fresh breakfast.
All of a sudden Dazy heard a faint growl. As Dazy cautiously turned around right in front of her was a jaguar. Dazy knew that was not her parents.
Dazy ran as fast as she could. She did not look behind. Shivering the little lion cub was as frightened as can be in fact she was so frightened that she dropped to the floor of the forest.
Dazy lived in a rainforest in South America though the little lion cub was born in Eastern Africa. Dazy always heard birds early in the morning and late in the afternoon. The little lion cub also spotted spiders and ants crawling along the forest floor.
Dazy dashed to the heart of the forest. Whilst Dazy was running she noticed her legs were shaking and she wasn’t running properly. Dazy’s heart sank.
When Dazy knew she was safe she curled up into a tight ball until she heard a familiar sound. As the sound got closer and closer Dazy curled up into a tighter ball. As the little creature got up and opened her eyes she saw it was her Mummy and Daddy. The little lion cub was as happy as a pig in mud. As for the jaguar he lived a very unpleasant life. For the rest of the day Dazy and her parents at chocolates and lollies. It was the best day of the lion’s life cause she was with her parents and she was safe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!