Lost Thing

It was a dark and gloomy winter night. Bill and Jill went for a peaceful stroll down an alley that looked like it was a dark house with only one light, the moon. They walked through the spooky alley to find spare parts to make a breathtaking gadget.
“What is that!” shouted Bill pointing at the strange pile of stuff.
“I do not Know!” Jill shouted back.
As they creped towards the piece of junk, it woke up with a big, loud, “HHHEEEELLLOO!”
Bill and Jill were in such a fright, that they sprinted as fast as their little legs could carry them.
As Bill and Jill ran, they could hear a strange noise following them. As the thing making the noise moved into the beaming sun, they could see what it was. It was a little funky robot with five eyes, two mouths and blue paint that was slowly peeling off. It was weird and looked lost.
“Let's call it the Lost Thing,” said Bill.
“OK,” said Jill.
As they strolled home, they saw their dad pull into the driveway. They know that their dad would kill them if they brought that strange thing into the house so they hid it in their basement.
The next morning, Bill and Jill decided to take the Lost Thing to a better home, where they can run about and be their robot self. It became increasingly hard to leave the robot, after all they had grown attached to each other. As they walked home feeling heartbroken, they felt the sensation that someone was following them. As they slowly turned around, there was nothing there. Jill and Bill entered their front door, crawled upstairs and laid in their beds miserably as the day went on.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!