A Changed Paladin.

The smell of rotting corpses filled the air of the once peaceful kingdom known as Quora, the metallic smell of blood could be smelt around every corner, and the crimson liquid known as blood ran down through the gutters on the side of the cracked pathway. Depression hung around the area like a plague, this indeed was a horrible event that had sadly occurred in this fantasy land, it was the mass murder in all of Quora’s history.

“No!” Our hero exclaimed while riding their pure snow-white stallion, the hero’s glowing violet eyes widened in shock and horror upon seeing most of their friends and acquaintances had been murdered so violently. Each body was arranged in a different way, one of the bodies had been ripped limb from limb and was left in a bloody mess. The hero jumped off of their steed and began frantically running around to see if there was any sign of life left in one of the many bodies.

“I-Is anyone alive?!” The protagonist shouted in sadness and disarray but with a hint of urgency, they kept running around checking of pulses on the numerous corpses. What the hero saw next, scared them deeply, it broke their heart and filled the hero with anger and vengeance.
The paladin ran towards the corpse and clutched the body tightly in their pale white arms which had little to no muscles, tears fell out of their now dull violet eyes. They couldn’t believe this, the love of their life laid limp and lifeless in their arms.

“A-Aurelia?! Please wake up!” The paladin shouted out in utter despair and heartbreak. They shook the body numerous times as the liquid flowing from their eyes continued to rain down their pale cheeks.
The tanned skinned girl known as Aurelia was missing her two ocean blue eyes, a large hole was through the girl’s chest. Her chocolate brown hair which was styled into a bun was now messy and blood stained with the crimson color.

“No, no, no, no!” The hero shouted in agony, hugging the girl’s body tightly to their own, mourning the death of the love of their life. The paladin gently placed the woman’s body down onto the ground before standing up and clutching their golden sword tightly in their dominant hand which was their right. They held it towards the sky and, a look of fury and pure hatred evident on the face of the paladin.

“I swear to the gods of Quora, I will avenge everyone’s death! Especially your death Aurelia! And if I die by trying, then so be it!” The knight screamed out as their violet eyes were now red and puffy from mourning the death of their love. The hero climbed back onto their steed and gripped the reins tightly, they shouted causing the steed to run as fast as it could.

“I know exactly who did this heinous crime, Camiliana, the sister whom I once loved dearly.” The hero spoke to themselves, they were now a changed paladin.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!