Inconsolable

Excellence Award in the 'Inspired 2019' competition

Just this morning she thought nothing could get any worse.

The Coffee stained paper crumpled between her two index fingers.

Wrinkles formed around her mouth and eyebrows.

Saltwater droplets fell from her eyes onto her apron.

She could not read the words anymore, nor wanted too, as her eyes fogged up with the wet.

Now relationships had broken and hearts lay shattered.

Imagine brave men, including her very own, who had volunteered. Defending their country.

A letter showing up in her letter box. One with a black stamp, embossed with the English coat of arms.

Beneath the letter box, breaking through the dark, fermented soil, grew a single poppy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!