Rain

Rain. It drips down on me as I walk to the car. School was school and life is life and it’s normal. People may feel happy one day and sad another but my school is the same every day. Same Maths, same English, same lunch. It is like our school just doesn’t care. I learn about the same math equations every day. All we do is math equations. 2647+3719=6366. Simple, I have learnt to do them all in my head, except when I do them really fast they give me more questions. English is writing down a list of words, random words. All the words are long and boring. Some are 10 letters long and most of them are 17. We do about 50 so 17x50=850 letters. I told you I was good at maths. I reach my car at last. My nanny was there picking me up, she has a pale face. Probably the palest I will ever see. She has red lipstick and a black dress. No offense to my nanny but she reminded me of a vampire I saw on tv.
“Over here” she calls out in her sincere voice. She sounds like she is a supervillain. That’s how she always talks. My car is black and is the fanciest model made. Inside the car, there are velvet seats and a mug holder. The mug inside the holder has diamond shards encrusted on the outside. I lay my head down on the car headrest like every day. Every day is like this. I stare at the car window in deep thought. The water drops that drips down my window reminds me of the good times. The times when I went to a public school when I was like a normal kid again. The times when I would play with other kids. The times I smiled. All those good times that got thrown out the window. All those good times that went away. The rain started dripping down the day my life was torn apart. I was playing in the park with my best friends Joseph and Emma. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was hanging from upside down on the monkey bars, Emma was sliding down the slide and Joseph was on the swings. I felt a light sprinkle so I hopped off the monkey bars and headed towards my friends. We started walking home but that's when we felt the ground shake rapidly. Everything was wet and shaking. Trees were falling down and I was so scared. Cars started swerving because it was so slippery. Ome swerved right in front of us. They were inches away from hitting us. Emma screamed and ran the other way back towards the park. Joseph ran across the street over to his house. I stood in front of this accident crying. The car hit a house but it wasn't any house. It was my house. The house that had my family inside. They were dead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!