He Could Never…. Could He?

My P.O.V
I am currently walking into high school with my two friends Goro and Hiro, we've known each other for a long time and we consider each other family. As we walk through the students gathered in their friendship groups Goro pops out a question "Hey Mia?" He asks "Yeah what's up?" I reply with a smile on my face "Do you like Zero?" "W-what?!" I reply with a stutter and my face turns bright red due to the fact I wasn't expecting that, especially from Goro "I mean he's cool... I guess" "You say that but when we are in class I see you staring at him with a strange look in your eyes," he says as he looks down at me since I'm smaller than him. "I have to agree, whenever we talk about him you seem to stutter a lot, like how you are stuttering now," says Hiro as he butts in "I-is it that o-obvious? I mean... I guess I find him c-cute in a way?" I question myself as I speak "Why don't you tell him?" Asks Goro "Its embarrassing dammit! How could he love, let alone like someone like me?!" I say as my tone rises and a small tear runs down my cheek, leaving Goro and Hiro staring at me with confusion stuck to their faces. "S-sorry, I'll meet you guys on class" I wipe the tear from my eye and begin to walk faster, overtaking them and leaving them behind "W-wait Mia I didn't... mean to upset you..." says Goro as he reaches out his hand towards the direction I'm going "We should go after her..." Hiro replies with a nod and they begin running after me.
>>>Time skip>>>
'Godammit Mia you could have done anything else but yell, I'm so stupid' I think to myself as I walk to class, wiping tears from my eyes. I took the long way so I had time to clear my head from the conversation I just had. "Oi shorty!" I hear someone yell at me, my head immediately shot up to see Zero walking towards me. "Z-Zero?! Why are you here?" I ask with curiosity as I wipe my eyes. Seeing him makes my day a little bit better when I think about it... "I heard someone crying and sniffing, so I decided to check it out, but it's just you... Anyway, what's up?" He asks me with a hint of concern in his voice. I look up at him and he caresses my cheek and I immediately blush "w-what are you doing Zero?! This isn't like you at all!" I say almost yelling at him but I manage to contain it inside me. "I'm new at this 'comforting' thing, okay?!" He yells and brings his face closer to mine "you gonna tell me or what? Am I gonna have to make you talk?!" My face heats up more "Z-Zero... I didn't know you cared about me..." once I finished my sentence, a red blush travels throughout his face. "S-Shut up! Tch, I can't help but feel concerned about you, for some reason my body just tells me to care and it's really annoying me! And I'm starting to think that it feels nice at the same time" he says. I can feel his handshaking and it's slowly beginning to sweat and I can't help but giggle "What's so funny dammit?!" "N-Nothing! It's just that I feel the same way but around you Zero" my face heats up more as I place my hand on his shoulder "and I'm positive that this feeling is called love".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!