We Became Friends

I ran into the car with sweat running down my face.
I ignored all of it, I just kept nodding my head and saying yep, aha and ok.
I was finally at school, I could see this kid Owen showing off his new shoes to everyone in Victoria High. I walked away from him and just went to go play with my other friends in the amazing weather.
At the corner of my eye in the bright sunlight, I could hear Owen shouting out my name and bragging about his new shoes.
”J.J. J.J. look at these shoes with an awesome black and yellow stripe, you probably can’t afford these shoes.”
I lost my temper. All I could feel was my brown soggy hair drooping down in my green colored eyes, making me only see a blur.
I felt that my heart broke up into millions of different pieces. I wondered what was his problem was and what made him act this way.
Finally, the school day is over, I see mum calling out my name as I walked up to her with my head facing down. Mum and I head home.
Mum stays behind while I make my way to Kyle’s lolly shop just like I do every day after school and on the weekend. I thought about what I was going to get.
I arrived and told Kyle I wanted smarties. I gave him the money and said thank you as I turned left out of the shop and, sat at the table outside of the shop. While the grey clouds flew over my head I ate my smarties slowly as I would usually eat fast.
Kyle came over to me and asked what was wrong.
“I fought at school,” as I looked at Kyle, I put my hand over my eyes to block the gazing sun.
Kyle shared some good advice about how to be a better person and some good strategies for what to do when something like this happens. I smiled and thanked him, deeply appreciating the chat. ”I will make it a lot better tomorrow,” I said as I put my rubbish in the bin.
The next day at school I walked up to Owen. In the distance, I could see his black scruffy hair near the playground next to the front gate. As I got closer to him I felt more nervous. He turns around and while he looked me right in the eye “sorry,” he said. I said sorry at the same time as him! We both had a little giggled and became friends.
Now we laugh and play together every day at the lolly shop, and at school. Whenever I need Kyle he is there to help me get past any sort of problem I have to face.
When it was my birthday the next day I had a nice note written on the front of my gift.
Dear J.J.,
I hope you have a really good birthday.
I think you will enjoy my gift.
You are the best friend ever.
You are so nice to me every day after school.
From Owen
I glanced at the gift and it was those yellow and black striped shoes.
I felt so heartwarming from his gift and nice note.






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!