Was It Just A Dream

I was lying in bed looking at the dark night sky through my open window, which was sending a nice, cold, steady breeze into my room that gently caressed my face. I slowly closed my eyes and then I heard the floorboards in my room slowly creak... creak... creak, I felt a quick, shiver down my spine, it sounded as though someone was slowly walking towards my bed...but I live alone.
I started to get really worried about the noises I kept hearing, but convinced myself that I was just hearing things.... it’s an old house...it’s just my imagination, I said to myself. So I slowly opened my eyes expecting to see absolutely nothing, maybe one of my friends trying to scare me...but what I saw was much, much worse. When I opened my eyes I saw a gruesome, bloody, terrifying witch and I screamed louder than I ever thought I could, as I did so, that terrible creature in front of me started to laugh, louder, and louder. then I screamed so loud that I woke myself up. I woke up, sweating and crying a little. I started looking round my room for that awful witch. I then calmed myself a little saying, it was just a dream, a nightmare to be more accurate. I rolled on my side and grabbed my phone, 2:05AM, I unlocked my phone to my kitty cat wallpaper and decided that it was a little outdated. so I went into my camera roll to find a better photo. I saw a new photo in my camera roll. At first I thought I probably just don't remember taking it, but to my dismay when I clicked on the new photo, it was of me...sleeping. I then felt a presence behind me. I quickly rolled over to see that horrible witch creature by my side then I quickly closed my eyes thinking there's nothing I can do, this thing is going to kill me, then nothing happened. When I opened my eyes I was in hospital, were I later discovered I had been in a coma for 6 months but the worst part was that I didn’t know if what I experienced was a dream in my coma or if that was the reason I was in a coma…but I soon got my answer when I kept waking up in the hospital after similar dreams. but then one day it was different instead of me sleeping in the picture, it was of me dead....and then I didn't ever wake up again. how I’m telling this story you can decide, but one things for shore I really did die.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!